Digital transformation programme
Together with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, the Ministry of Finance coordinates the digital transformation programme in the preparation and implementation phase of the regional government, health and social services reform.
The Project Office of the digital transformation programme for the regional government, health and social services reform operates under the leadership of the Digital transformation programme management group. The Project Office’s tasks are:
- monitoring and supporting the projects being steered
- maintaining overall awareness of the project portfolio
- preparation of funding
- drafting of guidelines and models
- risk management
- maintaining situational awareness of associated projects
- maintaining situational awareness of preparation for the digital transformation in the counties.
Task areas of the digital transformation programme
The task areas of the digital transformation programme are divided into those implemented at the national level and those for which the future counties assume responsibility. Central government transfers have been and will be allocated for the counties’ tasks. Projects and measures that are essential for the launch and continued operation of the counties have been gathered into project portfolios implemented at the national level (Figure 1).
The projects will be prepared, monitored and steered as a whole and along the lines of common processes. A project portfolio may contain several sub-projects and projects prepared and implemented in stages. In addition to digital transformation programme projects, digital projects associated with the regional government, health and social services reform, which will be monitored as part of the digital transformation programme, are being prepared in the counties and in other administrative branches.
More information about the digital transformation programme and task areas:
- Coordinator for regional digitalisation Tomi Hytönen, tomi.hytonen(at)vm.fi
- Duties transferred from the central government – Senior Specialist Vesa Lipponen, vesa.lipponen(at)vm.fi
- Architecture – Senior Specialist Päivi Virtanen, paivi.virtanen(at)vm.fi
- Managing Director for basic information technology Kalle Toivonen, kalle.toivonen(at)vimana.fi
- Management and steering solutions - Senior Specialist Tuija Kuusisto, tuija.kuusisto(at)vm.fi and Senior Specialist Mikko Huovila, mikko.huovila(at)stm.fi
Health and social services migration and new duties:
- Senior Advisor Jari Porrasmaa, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, firstname.lastname(at)stm.fi (freedom of choice entity and architecture)
- Senior Specialist Markku Heinäsenaho, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, firstname.lastname(at)stm.fi (Soteri register and service classification)
- Senior Specialist Anna Kärkkäinen, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, firstname.lastname(at)stm.fi (Soutu project)